What are Inspections?
The items listed below are the most common items that result in the inspection failing and requiring re-inspection. Addressing them in advance will significantly reduce the need for reinspection of the property.
- Windows must open, close and lock.
- No broken windows.
- Screens must be present on windows designed to open. Screens should be seated properly and not have holes or tears.
- When door is closed, no light should be visible anywhere around the edges. Weatherstrip to seal.
- No leaks under the sinks.
- All faucets must operate correctly.
- Smoke alarms must operate when tested.
- Bathroom vents must work or functioning window must be present.
- Property free of junk, debris, old furniture, broken appliances.
- If dishwasher is present, it must operate properly.
- If garbage disposal is present, it must operate properly.
- No broken outlets switch plates or cover plates.
- No bare wires, exposed wires or frayed wiring.
- No peeling paint.
- All interior doors must be securely hinged and operate properly.
- Door frames must be sound and secure. Strike plates should be present and correctly installed.
- Door handles and locks must work, deadbolt locks on exterior doors No signs of insect or rodent infestation.
- Stove should be clean and completely functional. All burners and oven working correctly.
- Refrigerator must be clean and function properly. Gasket seals tightly, no broken or missing shelves/drawers.
- All flooring must be in good condition – no holes or tears, must be clean
- All fencing must be in good condition – no missing pickets, gates must be properly hung
- Home must be clean and sanitary
We appreciate the opportunity work with you in providing safe, decent and affordable housing to the residents of Lubbock.